Everyone has a few favourite summer anthems that just seem to be timeless. They are feel good songs that remind you of good times and always bring a smile to your face.
As the summer holiday season is approaching, we are compiling a playlist of feel good summer songs that we think should be on that all important summer playlist.
The Cabin Max Crew have all shared their favourites and you might agree that some songs a little… surprising (to say the least).
Cabin Max Crew – Summer Playlist
- Beautiful People by Chris Brown – It’s my guilty pleasure, whenever that song comes on… I can’t help but sing at the top of my voice. It reminds me of summer time road trips.
- I Need Air by Magnetic Man – Always my go to song, to listen to when I’m travelling in the sun.
- Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira – Reminds me of my first holiday without the parents J it was on everywhere.
- Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Furtado – Same holiday memories, it was exciting and a lot of fun.
- Summer breeze by The Isley Brothers – Takes me back to my teen years.
- Hakuna Matata – It’s a bit obscure but it reminds of my first proper family holiday to Florida. It was playing everywhere we went.
- Indian Summer by Stereophonics – encourages me to make the most of the every few and far between summer day/evening.
- She bangs the drums by The Stone Roses – played on a walkman cassette tape player during the heat wave of 1990… Scorcher!
- We Built This City by Starship - This eighties classic is possibly the cheesiest song I know, but I love it as it reminds me of an epic holiday in Majorca a few years back. When I hear it, I think about great times on the beach and by the pool as well as hilarious nights in the local Spanish eighties bar.
- Steal my sunshine by Len – I’ve never met anybody who doesn’t like this song. It’s the perfect summer tune and great for putting you in a good mood. Top tip: Play it on the way to the airport to ensure your holiday starts in the best way!
- Sun is shining by Bob Marley - This takes me back to that first summer when me and my friends were just passing our driving tests. We spent a lot of time just driving to places with the car radio on full blast.
- 3 lions (footballs coming home) by Baddiel and Skinner – Summer of 2002, I was living in Leeds during university, world cup year and this was being played everywhere. Whole city was party atmosphere cheering England (unsuccessfully) on. Before during and after every pub was playing this to a packed crowd singing along.
- Club Tropicana by Wham – Reminds me of jolly holidays.
- Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams – It’s just a classic. Cheesy but you know summer has begun.
- It wasn’t me by Shaggy – Takes me back to my very first summer in the UK. Young and carefree.
- We will rock you by Five – The first concert I went to was Hyde Park London and I went to see Five. Clap Clap Stomp.
- Wake me up by Avicii – As the youngest member of the crew these are the songs that remind me of summer antics.
- All summer long by Kid Rock – Awesome, classic rock song.
Now that you’ve got our favourite summer songs, don’t forget send us your summer song suggestion and subscribe to our email list for the chance to win a limited edition Cabin Max Metz backpack.
The prize draw is open to residents of the UK only. You have until midnight on Tuesday 26th May 2015 to enter the prize draw. Three winners will be selected at random and notified by email on Monday 1st June 2015. If Cabin Max receives no response within two days of the notification email date, we will draw another winner. By entering this competition you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.